Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Worth Sharing

This is from Monica, a dedicated servant of the church in Forest Hills:

Yesterday (7/19/11) at about 5:20pm I was standing at the line in the post office of 17 st and 7th Ave. As I am standing on line to mail some important documents I read the article I had so eagerly printed a few minutes ago. While I am reading it I just kept smiling with so much joy of what the Lord is doing at FHCC whether we have 100 congregants or the 60 same people that comes to gather with us to praise our Savior and King Jesus with an open heart.

In my head the picture of Shashi worshiping the Lord so vividly and real as the pictured could depicted, allowed me to confirm how proud I am to know that FHCC has a pastor and brothers/ sisters that serve the Lord trusting HIM even through difficult an uncertain times. My heart rejoices to know that I am so blessed to be part of what God’s calling is in FHCC. When I looked back at my life it has changed so radically in so many areas (and I’m sure many more to come and in the progress) for the past 2 yrs 6 months that I have been in this body of Christ. I laughed by myself at times when I look at certain areas of my life and comparing it to years ago there is no way I would have been able to come out of the mess and agony that my soul was in. Eve so many behaviors and choices are fading and repulse me now when it did not many years ago when I called myself a Christian. To the Lord is given all the glory and to what I have learned at FHCC by His mercy and grace. Thank you so much both of you for teaching the gospel with hearts that fear and served the TRUE GOD.

So interesting that the pictures can depict only the tiny small part of a bigger picture. You Christine although no where in the pictures in this report, play a significant role in HIS CHURCH, your husband and to us (I do speak for many of our ladies of the church).
I pray that my heart and eyes continue to be guided by The Lord and His purposes…
and not by my feelings, circumstances or pressing hard times.

As I finished reading the article I LIKED SO MUCH the last words that closed the report "We'll still be here, somewhere. The scriptures tell us a church is never a building. You don't go to church. You are the church."

Every time I go to Colombia those words are in my head: “Monica now go and be the church” . Whether in crazy NY CITY or Colombia or wherever, I am called to be the church! I remember an old song form my school in Colombia that said: Yo soy iglesia, tu eres iglesia somos la iglesia del Senor. Hermano ven ayudame, hermana ven ayudame somos la iglesia del Senor”

Blessed and honored to serve the Lord at FHCC and to the pastors HE has appointed in my life,
Monica.